The SIGGRAPH 2016 COMPUTER ANIMATION FESTIVAL Traveling Show
with Emily Hsu
The SIGGRAPH Computer Animation Festival is the leading annual festival for the world’s most innovative, accomplished, and amazing digital film and video creators. An internationally recognized jury receives hundreds of submissions and presents the best work of the including outstanding achievements in animated feature and short films, scientific visualization, visual effects, real-time graphics, game excerpts, and much more. Since 1999, several works originally presented have been nominated for or have received a Best Animated Short Academy Award.
Emily Hsu, Production Sessions Chair for SIGGRAPH 2017 will speak about the CAF 2016 Traveling Show, some of the shorts, and submitting work to the festival.
- Date: Thursday, December
- Time: registration starts at 6:00, speaker at 6:30, then the screening
- Place: PCC Cascade Moriarty Arts Auditorium (MAHB room 104), 705 N Killingsworth St., Portland Oregon
- Tickets: available at EventBrite or at the door
- Free for current SIGGRAPH chapter members (join now) and PCC multimedia club members
- $4.00 (Discounted for) ASIFA members, Laika staff, students and affiliates
- $9.00 General Public
- Trailer: https://youtu.be/Uz6dh6Ky8p8with some extra content
- Transportation: parking available on the street and in lots: parking and mass transit recommended. See map.
Playlist: the Traveling Computer Animation Festival includes:
- Accidents, Blunders, and Calamities — James Cunningham
- Alike — Daniel Martinez Lara
- Glass Half — Blender Foundation
- Tea Time — Thomas Bourret, et al.
- Tokyo Cosmo — Takahiro Miyauchi
- Citipati — Andreas Feix
- Solar Superstorms — NCSA
- League of Legends Project Overdrive — Axis Animation
- Mafia III — Blur Studio
- Shell V-Power “Shapeshifter” — Framestore CFC
- Behind the Magic: Warcraft — Industrial Light & Magic
- Behind the Magic: Marvel’s Captain America Civil War — Industrial Light & Magic
- Les Marmottes Mariachi — Le Groupe Mikros Image
- None of That — Ringling College of Art and Design
- Escargore — Media Design School
- Crabe-Phare, Gaetan Borde, et al.
- Borrowed Time — Quorum Films, LLC
- Cosmos Laundromat — Blender Foundation
Running time: approximately 90 minutes
About the Speaker
Emily Hsu is the Production Sessions Chair for SIGGRAPH 2017 in Los Angeles (July 30 – August 3, 2017). She also happens to have a day job here in the Pacific Northwest as a Production Coordinator at LAIKA in Hillsboro, Oregon. Emily started out in the industry as a Recruiting Intern at PDI/DreamWorks, where she first learned about SIGGRAPH when half the company seemed to be out of the office during the week of the conference! The following year, she decided to join the fun and see what it was all about as a Student Volunteer for SIGGRAPH 2010 and quickly fell in love with the conference and all it had to offer, eventually volunteering more time as a Team Leader, a Subcommittee member, and now a Committee Chair. A graduate of UC Berkeley, she holds dual degrees in Business Admin and Film & Media Studies. Before becoming a proud member of the LAIKA team, she also had work experiences at companies including Pixar, Allied-THA, Sony DADC, and CBS Radio’s 99.7 NOW.
About the Local Chapter
Cascade ACM SIGGRAPH serves the needs of local computer graphics industry professionals and students; to promote an increased knowledge of the educational, artistic, and scientific applications of modern technology for graphics; to enhance communication between persons in the field, that have an interest in aspects computer graphics. For more information on Cascade ACM SIGGRAPH and membership, visit the Cascade ACM SIGGRAPH:
Categorised in: Events
This post was written by Demetra Auel