The Electronic Theater
Featured Selections of the Computer Animation Festival from SIGGRAPH 2011
- Saturday, October 22, 2011 at Cascade PCC Auditorium
- Registration, appetizers and networking starts at 1:00 pm; show at 2:00 pm
- Tickets: http://cascadesiggraphoct2011.eventbrite.com/
- Membership: https://campus.acm.org/public/qj/chapqj/chapqj_control.cfm?chap=46075
- Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NGI7X717Nw&feature=player_embedded#t=0s
Enjoy the best animation work of the year. The SIGGRAPH Computer Animation Festival is one of the world’s most prestigious film and video extravaganzas, showcasing dazzling and innovative imagery in invited and submitted works selected by a distinguished jury of computer graphics experts and specialists. The SIGGRAPH Electronic Theater is always one of the highlights at each year’s conference.
We are fortunate to be able to screen the Electronic Theater from the SIGGRAPH 2011 Conference held in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, this past August. This is an extraordinary opportunity for anyone that was not able to attend SIGGRAPH 2011. Admittance to a single CAF Screening at the conference costs quite a bit so the admission for this event is a tremendous bargain.Admission
- Cascade ACM SIGGRAPH Members ―free Non-Members ― $6.00
- Non-Members Students ―$5.00 with current student ID
- to renew or join Cascade ACM SIGGRAPH, go to cascade.siggraph.org then click on join and join now;
- to purchase non-member tickets with a credit card, go to http://cascadesiggraphoct2011.eventbrite.com/;
- to pay at the door, bring cash or a check.
- PCC Cascade Campus, Moriarty Arts and Humanities Building, Room 104 (Killingsworth and Albina)
- 705 North Killingsworth Street, Portland, OR 97212
The campus is close-in to downtown Portland and there is parking available across the street in the PCC parking lot for a fee. Carpooling is also recommended as limited street parking is available. Please see the following for location and directions: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=705+N+Killingsworth+St,+Portland,+OR+97217+(PCC+Cascade+Campus)&hl=en.
Registration and Amenities: this and other Cascade ACM SIGGRAPH meetings are free to Cascade Chapter members. Nonmembers will need to pay a $6.00 admission fee at the door. Annual local membership can be purchased at our website at our website, cascade.siggraph.org, under join, or at the door for $25.00 a year for professionals and $18.00 for students. We accept cash or checks at the door. For this event, prepayment is available the at http://cascadesiggraphoct2011.eventbrite.com/. Light appetizers will be available to attendees.
This post was written by admin