Cascade ACM SIGGRAPH, 3dpdx and ASIFA present
From Clay to ZBrush
ZBrush Guru Cesar Dacol Jr. shows the parallels between traditional and digital sculpting and his latest techniques for bringing concepts to life for Games and Film
- Friday, August 24, 2012
- Seating is limited so please reserve your seat at EventBrite
- The Art Institute of Portland
- Registration, appetizers and networking starts at 5:00 pm; Demo at 6:00 pm
- Cesar’s Website: http://www.cesar-dacol-jr.com/
- Cesar’s YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIBjInCfRO6pttl0YDVTlAw/videos
- Chapter Membership: https://campus.acm.org/public/qj/chapqj/chapqj_control.cfm?chap=46075.
From Clay to ZBush is a 3-hour demo guiding participants through the technical aspects of conceiving, preparing and sculpting a high quality digital model. Cesar will impart his many years of experience, provide commentary and respond to questions throughout the demo.
This talk is for computer graphics artists in film, gaming or other industries who are interested in refining their skills, picking up new techniques and renewing their enthusiasm for their craft. It is also for traditional sculptors who want to get involved with the digital medium. And finally, it is perfect for aspiring professional artists who are looking to find more meaning in their work. Cesar will explain how motivation can be channeled into quality work.
A raffle will be held to win fantastic Pixologic prizes including a copy of Pixologic’s Zbrush and a 1-month membership to ZBrush Workshops.
SuperGenius game studio will be at the event reviewing portfolios and reels. They will be providing feedback for attendees who bring their work.
- Cascade ACM SIGGRAPH Members ― free
- Non-Members ― $15
- Non-Members Students ― $12 with student ID
Registration and Amenities: this and other Cascade ACM SIGGRAPH meetings are free to Cascade Chapter members. Nonmembers will need to pay a $15 admission fee at the door for this event ($12 for students with ID). Annual local membership can be purchased at our website, cascade.siggraph.org, under join, or at the door for $25.00 a year for professionals and $18 for students.
Tickets will be available at Eventbrite with a card and at the door with cash or check. Seating is limited so pre-event ticket purchast is advised.
Light appetizers will be available to attendees. For more information on membership registration, visit http://wp.siggraph.org/cascade/join/
About Cesar— Cesar Dacol Jr. has worked in the film industry for over 25 years, having started his career in the makeup effects industry and transitioning to computer effects in the mid 90’s.
With a background in anatomy and traditional sculpting, he has worked as a Lead and Modeling Supervisor, contributing to feature films such as “Journey to the center of the earth 3D,” 300″,” Barnyard” and “Fantastic Four.” Currently he works as a Director of Character Development for the feature film industry.
When not working on productions, Cesar keeps busy with the release of Ballistic publishing’s “D’artiste Character Modeling 3D, a beta team member for Pixologic’s ZBrush, and as an instructor for CGSociety’s CGWorkshops.
Supporters— the Cascade ACM SIGGRAPH Chapter would like to acknowledge and thank the following generous supporters of this event:
- 3DPDX seeks to bring 3d Artists, Animators & Designers of all levels together for the purpose of networking, knowledge sharing, referrals and resource sharing inside and around Portland. We would like to thank 3DPDX for donating the gifts that will be raffled off for this event.
- The Art Institute of Portland provides a range of courses and degrees for the applied commercial artist. The institute provides relevant, practical and hands on experience with curriculum carefully scrutinized and developed by industry professionals and prominent employers. We would like to thank the Art Institute for opening their space for this event.
- ASIFA Portland exists to boost the art of animation and the community that practices it, promoting a free exchange of ideas both locally and internationally. Cascade ACM SIGGRAPH is grateful for their involvement in the industry and for bringing refreshments to this event.
- 52 LTD brings creatives and clients together to solve problems. From Portland to New York, full-time to freelance, be known. Cascade ACM SIGGRAPH thanks 52 LTD. for it’s generous donation.
Categorised in: Events
This post was written by admin