Minutes: December 9th, 2005

December 9, 2005 6:23 pm Published by Leave your thoughts
Cascade SIGGRAPH Board Meeting
December 9, 2005
Minutes by Fran Zandonella
Please send all corrections to Fran Z.
Location
The Daily Cafe, The Pearl in Portland
Time: 1:00p – 1:50 pm
Attendees
Jeff Borg, Demetra Gilmore Arnett, Andrew Dennis, Fran Zandonella
Minutes
Minutes from October (10/5/05, 10/21/05) and November (11/21/05) were not approved, and will be approved by email before the next meeting.
* Fran will send out the minutes link so the Board can vote by email to approve the past minutes for 10/5/05, 10/21/05, and 11/21/05.
New Business
Committee Reports
Events
Electronic Theatre, December 5th 2005, Hollywood Theatre
This event went great!  Thank you to everyone who put this event together.  Special thanks to Sam Black and the SIGGRAPH 2005 Electronic Theatre Committee.
We got 12 new members and renewals at this event.
There were 62 people who attended this event, with $295 income.
Andrew requests for next year that the Board select the theatre and get everything in place by August 31, 2006.
Fran requests that we do DigiBeta or HiDef next year.  This year’s presentation was a bit grainy.
Upcoming Meetings
The next Programming Committee Meeting is January 9th at 6:30pm at the Kennedy School in NE Portland.
January Meeting, Moongirl Talk
Fran Zandonella reports.
We need to find a venue for this meeting by the end of the week.  This venue should hold 50 – 100 people.  Possibilities include PSU, Art Institute, PNCA, Oregon Graduate Institute, and Community Centers.
* Demetra will start checking for venues for the January meeting.
We want to heavily advertise this meeting.  We should recruit key people from Art Institute, game chat lists, Nike, and Adidas.
* Jeff will put together a database of contacts for advertising this meeting.
OMSI Animation Event, January 14, 2006
We got an email from OMSI about an animation event.  Could we partner with them and use this as an event?
* Jeff will call the contact person about this event on Monday, Dec 12th.
We will definitely have a Cascade SIGGRAPH table at the OMSI event.  We should have a TV showing the Animation Theatre tables.  Andrew proposes buying a used TV.  Demetra could keep it at her house.  DVD players are cheap these days.
* Jeff will arrange volunteers to man the table at this event.
February Meeting, Bring Your Own Art, February 27, 2006
How similar is the OMSI event to BYOA?  Maybe we should move that event to later in the year.
March Meeting, Jobs Talk, March 20, 2006
Is the Creative Conference still happening?  Will Vinton or the Art Institute used to put it on in Beaverton.
* Fran will find out if the Creative Conference is still happening.  She can ask Herc or Michael or Kirk Kelley if they know.
Should we have someone to review portfolios?
We should have someone speak about the animation industry, basic resume information, and games.  It was suggested to check out gamejobs.com.
Andy volunteers to speak about the games industry.
We need a venue that will hold 100 people.
* Fran will send Demetra a list of requirements for the venue for March.
Past Meetings
September and December
* Fran will send thank you notes for the September and December meetings.
* Demetra will send Fran the info (Lindsay Bell) she needs for the September meeting.
* Jeff will send Fran the info (Sam Black) she needs for the December meeting.
Logo Contest
We need to send email to the announcement list about the logo contest.
* Demetra will email out the logo contest blurb to the Board.
* Jeff will send out an email blast about the logo contest to the announcement list after Andrew and Fran update the mail list.
Membership
We have 12 new and renewing members.
Financial Report, Oct 23 – Dec 9, 2005
Andrew reports that we made $295 from walk-ins at the December meeting.  We had $266 in memberships.  Total income is $561.  The total cost of the theatre event was $250.  Total expenses were $354.71.  Our net income was $205.29.  Our current assets as of December 9, 2005, are $961.57.
Website
Andrew is in charge of the jobs email list.  Fran wants to send the jobs list to the recruiters to add to their regular mailings.  The Board decided to keep the list open to all interested, not just members, until the next season.
* Andrew will send email to the Board on how to post to the job email list.
Next Meeting
Our next meeting is Monday, January 9, 2006, at
12:30pm at a restaurant chosen by Andrew.
The meeting adjourned at 1:50pm.
Action Items
============
Minutes
* Fran will send out the minutes link so the Board can vote by email to approve the past minutes for 10/5/05, 10/21/05, and 11/21/05.
Events
Past Events
* Fran will send thank you notes for the September and December meetings.
* Demetra will send Fran the info (Lindsay Bell) she needs for the September meeting.
* Jeff will send Fran the info (Sam Black) she needs for the December meeting.
OMSI Animation Event, January 14, 2006
* Jeff will call the contact person about the OMSI event on Monday, Dec 12th.
* Jeff will arrange volunteers to man the table at the OMSI event.
January Meeting, Laika Moongirl presentation, January 23, 2006
* Demetra will start checking for venues for the January meeting.
* Jeff will put together a database of contacts for advertising this meeting.
February Meeting, Bring Your Own Art, Feb 27, 2006
* Michael will follow up on getting a venue for the February meeting.
March Meeting, Jobs Talk, March 20, 2006
* Fran will find out if the Creative Conference is still happening.  She can ask Herc or Michael or Kirk Kelley if they know.
* Fran will send Demetra a list of requirements for the venue for March.
Logo Contest
* Demetra will email out the logo contest blurb to the Board.
* Jeff will send out an email blast about the logo contest to the announcement list after Andrew and Fran update the mail list.
Website
* Andrew will send email to the Board on how to post to the job email list.

Categorised in:

This post was written by admin

Leave a Reply