Cascade ACM SIGGRAPH presents…
Holiday Social | Networking Night
Join us for a fun event, meet others in your field and enjoy a Portland holiday tradition ― watch the Christmas Ship Parade reflect on the Willamette River ― a beautiful sight!
Tuesday December 14, 2010, 5:30 to 7:30 pm,
McCormick and Schmickʼs Harborside, by the Marina, on the corner by the roundabout, above the ramp down to the ships
Christmas Ship Parade: OMSI to Fremont Bridge
- At 7:00PM, the Willamette Fleet assembles in front of Riverplace Marina. The parade will begin across the river in front of OMSI and travel downriver to the area of the Fremont Bridge. The fleet will then go under the bridge and turn around, to return to Riverplace Marina. The fleet will be out for about two hours.
- Weather and/or water conditions are the only element that will cancel the ships performance. That determination is made by the Christmas Parade leaders for the evening, one hour before the ships are scheduled to begin performing and will be posted on the christmas ships website immediately.
Logistics and Links
- McCormick and Schmick’s Harborside Pilsner Room, Riverplace Esplanade, 0309 SW Montgomery, Portland, OR 97201; 503.220.1855 or 888.226.6212 toll free; http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/locations/portland-oregon/portland-oregon/swmontgomery.aspx
- Parking Details― there are several private parking lots on Montgomery as well as one on River. There is also some limited on street parking
- Public Transit― the Portland Street Car (Trimet) stops on block away http://trimet.org/schedules/w/t1193_1map.htm
- Entertainment― enjoy an early happy hour in a non-smoking bar; view sports and of course the Christmas Ships http://www.christmasships.org/
- Dinner Reservations in the restaurant (separate) are available at http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/reservations/Reservations.aspx?RID=6697&PartySize=4&DateTime=12/14/2010 7:30:00 PM&bTag=1&gTag=1
Registration and Amenities
This event is free, casual and in a festive spirit, with a no-host bar. Look for the table in the Pilsner Room, near the windows, with the Cascade SIGGRAPH sign on it. Dress warmly so that when the ships assemble at the marina, we can walk down by the river and enjoy the view. For more information about the establishment, visit http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/locations/portland-oregon/portland-oregon/swmontgomery.aspx.
This event its open to all ― anyone interested in professional development with the Cascade ACM Chapter and general networking within the computer graphics community. Other events (talks) are free to Cascade Chapter members with nonmembers paying a $5.00 admission fee at the door. Annual local membership can be purchased at any event for $25.00 a year for professionals and $18.00 for students. We accept cash or checks but currently not credit cards at the door. Online payments through cascde.siggraph.org will be one of the new benefits coming in 2011.Tags: Networking
This post was written by admin